Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bummer

Oliver and I had a wonderful trip to MN - the best birthday present ever! I am so sad to share that the day after we got home I downloaded the pictures and videos from our trip and my hard drive promptly crashed. It is over $700 to get just the jpeg images off the hard drive by a reputable company. Fortunately at the beginning of October I printed pictures for O's scrapbook, but still a lot are lost. The thing I will miss the most are the short videos. I have to remember that they are just pictures.

Since getting home O and I have slept a lot. We both came down with colds shortly after getting to MN, and had trouble sleeping. Tonight Paul went to bed at 7:00 because he is coming down with something pretty strong - hopefully it is just the cold we have been battling. I am missing the faces and touches of family and feeling pretty lonely but holding onto the hope that we will find community soon.

No comments: