Friday, November 21, 2008

Kitchen table


When we moved in, Mom disposed of some things in the garbage area and told me that it is very possible that I might find some good things that people are tossing out sometime. Well, back in October I found this great kitchen table set! Now we have a little breakfast nook in our kitchen. Last night all three of us had our supper in the kitchen - which is great because our dining room is carpeted. Oliver is doing so much better on eating his rice cereal and I think it might be paying off. Last night he took a nap from 6:30-8:30pm, woke up for an hour, and then slept from 9:30-5:30! At 5:30 he woke up to eat and then slept again until 7:30. Not a bad night of sleep for me!

5 comments:

l_oyen@hotmail.com said...

That trip to the garbage was definitly worth each step of the way. What a cute kitchen set. It is a wonder the things people throw out. The saying is true 'my junk - your treasure.'

It is fun to hear Oliver copying your coughs. Kids are so cute and entertaining.

Kristin said...

Why would someone throw something like that out?? It just baffles the mind...

Are the three of you coming to MN for Christmas? We'll be up there celebrating, and I thought maybe I'd get a chance to see you :)

Enjoy your weekend!

CityGirl said...

That sure was a great deal! Good job on finding that! I LOVE those types of finds!!

Sounds like little Oliver is doing great with eating and sleeping. Makes for a happy boy and happy Mom :)

Erica Drake said...

i am all about 'dumpster diving' as i like to call it - i have found great deals in what others call junk. as the saying goes one mans junk is another man's treasure!!!

glad oliver is sleeping better for you!!! soon you'll get to tempt him with some real food! :) yummy!!!

AlyssaJoy said...

I love all the posts from my thrifty family and friends! I see I am in good company.