Tuesday, December 2, 2008

So how are we doing?

I don't want this blog to simply be updates about Oliver, though I know everyone loves to see videos and pictures of him! People have been asking how we are doing, especially with being away from home for our first major holiday so I thought that I would reflect a bit...a little for me, a little for all of you. At this point I feel like I can honestly say we are doing really well. We are developing some really great friendships. One of our favorites is the youth pastor, his wife and daughter from our church. Its so nice that we both have kids under 1 because whoever is hosting takes out the pack-n-play and both kids sleep while we play board games and eat dessert! We spent Thanksgiving with the family of a mom I met through my moms Bible study at church. They were so warm, made really good food, and had fun little ones running around to play with. I met with the children's director from our church last week and I am so excited about the volunteering opportunities coming up for us and rubbing shoulders with her to learn. She has been doing this for 7 years and the program is much larger than what I have worked with before (250 kids regularly). I think the fog is starting to clear - we aren't so tired anymore or stressed out. We are finding routines that we really enjoy and of course we are finding more and more joy in parenting Oliver! I'm so thankful for God's faithfulness.

1 comment:

CityGirl said...

Thanks so much for the update on you and Paul. I am so thankful to hear how you have already made good friends. That makes all the difference in the world after moving.

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'll continue praying for you.