Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy 10 months!

I don't think there is a better age than 10 months old. Some of my favorite things at this stage:
1. When it is nap time or night time, he lays down on the floor for a moment before picking himself to go play again.
2. When we bring him into his room to put him down, he lays his head on our shoulder for a verse of "You are my Sunshine", starts to breath deeply, and then leans towards the crib.
3. He pulls himself on everything and then is so proud of himself.
4. He always wants to be close by - between my legs while I do the dishes, standing up by my leg when I'm on the laptop, climbing all over me when I'm on the floor.
5. The food shoveling at meal time: yesterday for lunch he ate a cup of northern beans, a cup of sweet peas, 2 egg yokes and 2 bananas. It is fun to see him eat so heartily and all by himself.
6. He gives kisses to pictures of himself or when he sees himself in a mirror.
7. I love the way he chases around other babies and toddlers. I had a friend with a 3 year old over yesterday and he chased Owen around like it was going out of style. If Owen was standing by the coffee table, Oliver would pull himself up and then look at Owen and smile and laugh. If Owen was driving the dump truck around the living room Oliver couldn't follow him fast enough.
I just can't get enough of his ambition and sweetness these days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are both so precious! I wish we could be little mice in the corner to watch you two enjoy being together like that.

Grandma and Grandpa Boswell

CityGirl said...

Isn't it great celebrating Mother's Day! LOVED the pics! I enjoyed reading about all your favorite things of what he is doing. I wish we could bottle them up and take them out when they get older! They grow sooo fast!