Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Double Ear Infection, 3 New Teeth, and a Job

This has been an eventful week. Oliver had a tough time of it, which now we know was more than teething troubles! I took him to the doctor today after he had a fever yesterday (202.2!) and they found an ear infection in both ears. I gave him amoxicillin and Tylenol before his nap today; he slept for almost 3 hours and woke up a new boy.

The other eventful part of our week was the launch of my Seminary internship. On Thursday last week Paul and I had a serious talk about me starting my internship and later that evening I got a call from the youth pastor of our church asking me if I’d be his assistant. After a LOT of conversations with some key people, I decided to be his administrative assistant for 10 hours a week until the summer. It will be a perfect situation because I can take Oliver with me and do a bunch of the work from home. I put my resume together yesterday, had an informal interview today and am filling out my W2’s! I also asked the children’s ministry director to be my internship mentor – she readily accepted. I will work at our church in various capacities (mostly with the children and families) for 15 hours a week until next spring and I will graduate in 2010. It feels so good to have the ball rolling.

And it feels even better to know that Mom is coming in 2 days!!

5 comments:

The Clutters said...

Poor Oliver! That's a lot to happen to such a little guy! I'm glad he's feeling better.

Missy said...

I always found that my kiddos would get an ear infection at the same time they were teething. Go figure! The worst for Quinn was when Katrina was born. Poor lil guy, I didn't even know he was having pain. I don't remember him complaining but than again, I was all caught up on just giving birth to Katrina. He was such a tropper. I'm sure Oliver is too. BTW, Congratulations on your new job. Way to go! Also, have fun with your Mom. I'm sure you will!!

l_oyen@hotmail.com said...

CONGRATULATIONS Alyssa on your job! That is exciting. I can imagine that your church is excited to have you on board as part of their staff.

Have a wonderful, fun packed week!

CityGirl said...

How exciting for you to be getting your internship going! And that you can take Oliver with you! Very fun!

ENJOY your Mom...as I know you will! Precious time for sure!!

Kristin said...

Wow! Lots going on in your life :) I assume that temp reading was supposed to be 102.2, not 202? :) When you're in MN again we'll have to get together! What an adorable little boy you have there. Enjoy every moment! They fly by...