Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I promise, I'll stop talking about the weather someday, but today's not it!!

Yesterday I was all cooped up. We got about 5 inches of snow in the morning and so my first "couch to 5K" practice was canceled and I was so disappointed. On top of that, Oliver is teething - 3 at once this time, and he is having a tough time of it. His nose is running all over the place and he has three swollen bumps where the teeth are either trying pop out or are going in and out. I try to stay home for his naps because they are vital when he isn't feeling well. After we had dinner I was going to get out of the house and go to JoAnn Fabrics. To my dismay, this was the sign on the door:
JoAnn Guests: The store will be closing at 2pm today due to the weather. We will re-open Tuesday at 9am. Sorry for any inconvenience.
And this was the weather:
So sad for a MN girl!! Then to top it off, my mom's group at church was canceled this morning because the area schools started 2 hours late. I was so bummed, but then one of my friends and her son came to visit. She was lucky I didn't lock her in!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad and so humorous at the same time! Taking a picture of the sign on the door and the actual weather was great. Glad your friend came over to visit. We'll be praying for Oliver's teeth to pop through quickly. Hope you get some craft store shopping in soon.

Mom Boswell

Kristin said...

Can you imagine if things in MN shut down for that kind of weather?! LOL

So sorry you are stuck inside. And with a teething baby to boot!! Praying for you, girl!

CityGirl said...

There is not much that's more disappointing than getting out for some time alone and it not working out! JoAnn's must be your favorite? Hobby Lobby is mine! LOVE that store!

Praying your little guy gets his teeth in soon.

CityGirl said...

ps. what's with the store closing for a little snow? Commical