Friday, March 20, 2009

Too Short

We had such a fun week with my mom visiting! It was way too short and hard to see her go. Oliver was sick last week with his ear infections and the teeth coming through so this week was a big one for development. He was so interactive and had so much fun with his new playmate. Every night Paul and I went on a date. We went to Barnes and Nobel, out to dinner, to a movie, and did some errands. I didn't realize how much I needed that time alone with him. Mom and I went on lots of walks, we shopped, played with Ollie, took him to get pictures, and talked. It was so nice for me to have help with all the things around the house and the company.We also went to the Dansko shoe outlet (picture above). Since all Danskos are hand-made there are imperfections in the leather, with the sizing, etc. The Outlet is a huge store and you grab all the shoes in your size of a style and try on all the lefts and rights to get the perfect match for your foot. Mostly the shoes are there because they are too snug to be sent to a regular shoe store, so you have to go up a size. Other shoes are discontinued styles. It is also a fun place to go because the whole store is eco friendly. They collect rain water from the roof to flush the toilets, they use wind energy, they have a green roof, and all the materials are recycled or can be recycled. It was a really fun outing.

5 comments:

l_oyen@hotmail.com said...

It looks like Oliver was really happy to have grandma around. I think I see a speck of a smile on grandmas face too :)

It was fun to hear about your great week.

CityGirl said...

Don't you just love Mom who comes and tells you and hubby to go on dates! My Mom does that, too! They must be related :) What a special time for all of you!

Anonymous said...

I have been paying attention to what your Mom does, City Girl. I decided to learn from the best!

CityGirl said...

Well...let me tell you that we Mom's away from home really really appreciate our dates when Grandma comes to visit!! :)

AlyssaJoy said...

I will second that!! I'm glad that the sisters think alike:).