Monday, March 9, 2009

Farmer Girl

We had to find something to keep those little hands busy during diaper changes so we would not have to bath the boy with every dirty diaper. That is how "Farmer Girl" came to be. We tried other toys, but one look at her sweet little face and Oliver was smitten. Now she lives on the side of his changing table and he immediately grabs her when we lay him down. He used to look at her face before chewing on her hat but I guess now he knows what she looks like. This video captures it all:
1. He knows who Farmer Girl is, and when we say her name and can be distracted from almost anything.
2. When she is taken away he always resists.
3. Every diaper change ends with Farmer Girl saying some version of "Good-bye Oliver! I love you! See you later!" and lots of kisses. It makes him smile every time.

3 comments:

Sarah Jean said...

SO sweet! He is so lovey to his little farmer girl and so in tune with the whole ritual...makes me miss my little nephew SO much! Maybe I'm a little jealous of Grandma's approaching visit =)

AlyssaJoy said...

Only 4 days left!! As soon as I have to say goodbye to Mom I am going to plan our trip home this summer. Little O and I have been watching Titus and Asher videos every day this week.

CityGirl said...

That is sooo cute! I love that they get so excited when the toys talk to them! Ahhhh...if only they could stay that innocent!