Friday, April 17, 2009

Hives - Going...going...

This is a picture from Day 1 that I just had to post because he looks like a raccoon.

We've learned a lot of things about hives from this experience. First of all, the nights are the worst. On Wednesday night he could not sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time at first, and then eventually he slept for an hour and a half at his best. Yesterday during the day he took 2 really long naps (one 3 hour nap - I slept too, and one 4 hour nap). Last night I was hoping for a good night since he seemed to sleep fine during the day, but it was a rough one again. We put him to bed at 8 and he couldn't sleep, so we kept him up with us until 10. When we put him to bed at 10 he started vomiting for the next hour and a half or so. I slept with him so I could feel him fight the fever - it kept building and then it would go back down when I'd give him Tylenol. He needed lots of feedings, songs, and rocking throughout the night.(Picture taken on Thursday morning)
(Picture taken this morning)
The hives have left his face for the most part and he is much more himself this morning. There are some spots that look like they are bruising - like on the right side of his chest. It isn't too bad compared to some of the pictures we have seen on-line! He just went down for a nap and I'm going to catch a little more sleep too!!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Poor baby!! I have issues with hives occasionally too and I KNOW just how uncomfortable he must be. :( At least you know what caused his... my last case is still cause unknown. Hope he's feeling better soon!

CityGirl said...

WOW!! I have not seen hives like that before. I bet you were one scared Momma! Glad it's taken care of and on the mend! Happy sleeping!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news! Poor guy! We are keeping you in our prayers to get rest and relief for Oliver. Natalie

Unknown said...

I still cringe when I see that picture of him with those hives all over. I would have freaked out really bad - you handled it so well - so, so scary!!! I like the part about you literally running to the store for Benadryl :) You hadn't told me that yet, and even though the reason you had to run was sad, it made me laugh :)